PURSUIT RACE GUIDE
- If there are any Optimists, they will have their own start sequence 10 minutes before the Mirror start.
- The Mirror will have the normal 5,4,1,0 start sequence.
- The start times of other classes, relative to the Mirror start, are shown on the list.
- It is the responsibility of the competitors to know their own start times! If you’re not on the list then please ask.
- You may find it helpful to note who is starting just before you.
- The Race Officers will do their best to sound a signal for each start but it is your responsibility to start at the right time – so make sure you time the Mirror start.
- At the end of the race (50 minutes from the Mirror start), there will be 2 sound signals.
- Keep sailing the course but hold your position relative to other boats – no overtaking!
- Take a mental note of the boats just in front and behind. This may help resolve any issues.
- Maintain your position until there is another sound signal signifying that the Race Officer has recorded all the positions.