Brass Monkey Series Complete
So the Brass Monkey is done and we have some prize winners. Well done to Paul Newman and John Purdie / Mark Nield for winning in the Scorpion and to Joe Sargent for coming second in his Radial.
Also, a mention to Jeremy Cooper who came third and on 2014 PY ratings would have come second… Joe’s bung is in the post to the RYA!
18 boats took place in the series and enjoying a spot of winter sailing to get ready for the new season just around the corner.
Other things from the series:
- The Lake was cold.
- There were some pretty wild conditions at times.
- Plenty of action including a lot of capsizes
- We had a number of visitors which was good to see – hopefully they and more return for future open events through the year.
- The new D-Zero fleet took to the water with 3 club boats and a visitor from Bala.
- We had he first protest hearing in a long time at Shotwick – This was mainly as a result of an RYA talk on rules a number of members attended encouraging protesting as a healthy activity – Thanks to Dave, John and Jeremy for conducting the hearing.
- All competitors received an event mug with the Brass Monkey and Club logos.
- The Lake really was cold.
Overall, a short but eventful and definitely successful series. Look out for it again in 2016.
Results are uploaded into the results section or click here to see them
Some photos of the final week and presentations are below.